Compensation & Benefits Internship
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2022
Silverfin is a scale-up SaaS company. Silverfin reinvents the way financial advisors work: our cloud-based technology allows +770 accountancy firms and financial advisors to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value-adding activities. We build a hell of a product and our customers love us. Even our customers’ customers love us. Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improves communication with their customers.
We are growing rapidly since our start in 2013. Originating from Belgium, we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
In 2021 we won Deloitte Belgium’s Technology Fast 50 award for most sustainable growth - an award given to the company with the best percentage growth over the last four years.
As a fast-growing company, we’ve launched an internship programme to give the young professionals of tomorrow the opportunity to take their first steps into the business world.
What you will be doing during your internship
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented intern to join our people team and gain hands-on experience in the Compensation and Benefits field.
- Collaborate with our Comp & Ben Specialist to assist in the development and implementation of compensation and benefits programs
- Assist in the administration of employee compensation and benefits programs, including creating policies, data entry and analysis
- You support a smooth payroll process in Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the UK
- You perform in periodic audits of our HR systems, contracts and policies to make sure these are up to date at all times
- You are able to interpret local legislations, sectoral agreements and implement them accordingly
People and Culture
- Support the induction and onboarding of new staff
- Assist in arranging and championing social events for the team
- Support the maintenance of personnel records including highly confidential material
- Make the necessary arrangements for meetings organised by/on behalf of the CEO (e.g. audio/visual equipment, presentation materials)
- Order weekly groceries, including fruit, food and drinks
- Review and manage equipment inventory
- Order and manage the office stationary supply
- Assist in organising social events
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Graduating and highly interested in payroll
- Detail oriented
- Internship period of at least 12 weeks
- Drive and motivation to commit and achieve
- Positive and energetic personality
- Openness and hunger to learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Drivers licence
What we offer
- As a fast-growing company, we’ve launched an internship programme to give the young professionals of tomorrow the opportunity to take their first steps into the business world.
- The opportunity to get a taste of a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Sports during lunch breaks
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks, fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
- Regular team activities
We are always looking for dynamic individuals to join us so don’t hesitate to contact us and get the ball rolling!