Sales Development Representative - Flanders
Sales & Business Development
Ghent, Belgium · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Silverfin is a cloud first solution that enables accountants to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improve communication with their customers.
Recognised as an industry leader, we have picked up many accolades, including in 2021 winning Deloitte Belgium’s Technology Fast 50 award for most sustainable growth - an award given to the company with the best percentage growth over the last four years.
Our headquarters is in Gent Belgium, from where we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
At Silverfin, we're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We're committed to elevating talent by creating an environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We'd love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Are you looking for the opportunity to build your own career? Do you love working hard to achieve goals? Like the idea of earning in line with your achievements, and working within an uncapped commission structure? Interested in SaaS tech? This may be the role for you.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our growing business in Flanders!
Already present in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg, we’re now focused on expanding our presence in existing markets and globally.
Your role as an SDR is critical to our expansion. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be the face of our business and an ambassador of our brand. You will be building and driving generation pipelines, mostly through outbound prospecting, (strategically) targeted events in collaboration with Marketing, and daily collaboration with the AE’s.
You will use a combination of product knowledge and ability to decipher client needs to set up highly qualified and thoroughly discovered opportunities for our Account Executives in the Flanders region.
In order to be successful, you will be entrepreneurial, a fast-learner, tech-savvy, forward-thinking, solutions-driven, professional and tenacious. We are still carving out the way we work, so you will also need to be a strong team player and most importantly - a builder!
If you love to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, this is the role for you.
Your performance & accountability
We measure success in this role by the number of qualified opportunities generated and the conversion rate of those opportunities into closed deals. As an SDR, you will be a critical component in our sales funnel, and your performance will be closely tracked and evaluated.
Success in performance and accountability looks like achieving or exceeding monthly and quarterly targets for lead generation and qualified opportunities. This means consistently hitting or surpassing the number of new business opportunities generated and qualified opportunities passed on to the Account Executives.
In addition to meeting or exceeding targets, success also means maintaining accurate records of all communication and activity in the CRM and collaborating effectively with the marketing team to develop and execute targeted campaigns.
The SDR's performance is closely tracked and evaluated, and they are held accountable for meeting their targets and contributing to the overall success of the sales funnel. The number of qualified opportunities generated and the conversion rate of those opportunities into closed deals are the key metrics used to measure performance and accountability.
Ultimately, success in this role means driving growth for the company and contributing to the achievement of its sales goals, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and providing an exceptional customer experience to prospects.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Silverfin and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Research into targeted accounts and territories to gather insights, key contacts and other useful information prior to prospecting
- Engage with prospects through a variety of channels including phone, email and social media
- Qualify inbound leads generated by our marketing team
- Setup up and manage Discovery calls/meetings with your qualified prospects
- Deliver a superior customer experience as you engage with prospects
- Keep track of your Sales efforts on our CRM
- Achieve or exceed your individual targets on a monthly basis
- Share best practices with your colleagues and be open to learning from others
Experience and Qualifications
- Essential: relevant degree - bachelor or master level - and a desire for a long-term career in sales or client-facing role
- Big Plus: knowledge of accounting, experience with a CRM system, SaaS experience, previous experience in lead generation or sales development
Skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport and interact in an engaging way
- Native in Dutch, fluency in English
- Ability to understand and successfully promote a technical offering and solution
- Capacity to learn systems and processes quickly
Attitude and personality-related traits
- We're looking for energetic and self-motivated, entrepreneurial builders
- Confident speaking to C-level stakeholders
- Goal oriented individual, who loves working hard and achieving
- Resilient and coachable: you will make mistakes along the way but you need to quickly recover and learn from them
- Work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
What we offer
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- Regular team activities during and after work
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Wellbeing Days Off: Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off in the current year
- Generous personal training allowance
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam
- Nice salary, lot’s of flexibility, Employee Stock Option Plan, and great additional benefits
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday