Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, August 7, 2023
NGDATA is a global digital experience company. We’re on a mission to empower businesses to create exceptional customer experiences using advanced technology and data insights.
Reporting into CFO the Global Controller is responsible for leading all the Accounting and Financial Reporting functions for NGDATA and its subsidiaries in Belgium, US, India, UK, and Singapore. As a key member of the finance leadership team, you will manage our finance and administrative functions through rapid growth. This role is a great opportunity to round out key leadership and reporting skills on one’s path to becoming a great Corporate Controller.
What You’ll Do
· Oversee the global financial operations (AP, AR, Payroll, and Treasury functions) with a bias towards efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and controls, hands-on involvement required in all areas
· Oversee the complete closing process and related accounting/finance functions:
o Review results and ensure all monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports are in compliance with BE GAAP and fully reconciled
o Prepare certain financial support and statements, including consolidated balance sheet, cash flow statements
o Prepare departmental variance analysis for distribution and review with leads
· Prepare monthly management reporting,
· Work with our ERP VAR to continue to automate manual repetitive tasks.
· Ensure and support accounting team is in compliance with annual tax and monthly VAT filings
· Oversee annual statutory audits for Belgium, Singapore, and India
· Manage and mentor a finance team of 4 spread across multiple time zones
· Support annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting and closely track performance variances
· Drive process improvement to support financial system & and operational processes; capable of pioneering and leading change
· Collaborate with other departments to provide value-add financial support and guidance on cross-functional projects, initiatives and strategic decision making.
· Be a champion of finance transformation to scale end-to-end business processes, systems, and financial controls in support of the future growth of the Company
· Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as directed.
· Must be fluent in Dutch and English
· Experience with SaaS accounting and business models
· Proven track record of success with establishing, managing, and evolving accounting policies and procedures in early stage, high-growth companies
· Strong technical accounting background, with thorough knowledge of IFRS accounting principles and procedures, and technical accounting research
· Familiarity with Belgian GAAP a plus or ability to learn
· Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to work cross-functionally, and a knack for presenting financial information in a way that others can understand easily
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented, with a strong sense of ownership
· Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding a sense of urgency with the ability to balance multiple projects
· High degree of integrity, professionalism, and discretion
· BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field, CPA/CA preferred
· Big 4 audit and start-up experience are strong pluses
Why work for us?
· You’ll get to work with a smart, dedicated, and collaborative team
· Competitive salaries with opportunities for growth
· Generous vacation and family leave by location
· Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
· Either a hybrid or fully remote working environment (depending on location)