People & Office Intern
People & HR
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2022
Do you want to get a feel for all aspects of HR during your internship, as broad as you can imagine? Then we suggest that you keep on reading.
As one of Europe's fastest growing Fintech companies, Silverfin has become a market leader in accounting software. Our goal? To change the future of accounting. Our software revolutionised the way financial advisors work: our cloud-based technology allows +770 accountancy firms and financial advisors to automate repetitive tasks and spend more time on value-adding activities. Together, we build a unique product that significantly impacts the lives of our customers.
Since our start in 2013, we are growing rapidly. Originating from Belgium, we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices with 180+ colleagues, we’re serving a strongly growing client base in 15 countries, including the big 4 (Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PWC).
As a fast-growing company, we’ve launched an internship programme to give the students the opportunity to take their first steps into the business world. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated student, who is eager to grow and contribute to our team.
What you will be doing during your internship
During the internship, you will be able to coordinate and execute HR projects in our fast-growing, inspiring and dynamic environment. You will provide support to the People Team within Silverfin. By mutual agreement, we can determine which positions you will focus on during your internship. This will include:
People and Culture
- Work on projects about wellbeing, work-life balance, learning and development training and much more
- Support and shape the onboarding of new staff
- Help to improve our current policies
- Support the maintenance of personnel records including highly confidential material
- Assist the building of talent pools for a range of roles across Sales, Marketing and Professional Services
- Learn to work with our ATS (applicant tracking system)
- Learn to work with LinkedIn Recruiter
- Give feedback after interviews
- Order weekly groceries, including fruit, food and drinks
- Review and manage equipment inventory
- Manage the office stationary supply
- Assist in arranging social events
Compensation & Benefits
- Contribute to monthly payroll for all offices
- Collaborate on benefits and implement current legislation in policies
- Assist in employee inquiries around compensation & benefits
- Work on projects related to remuneration and legislation
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Currently a bachelor or master student
- Looking for an internship of 3 months or more
- Enthusiastic and motivated to contribute
- Openness and eagerness to learn and grow
- Great communication skills
What we offer
- A board introduction into HR with a lot of variety
- The chance to become part of our team with people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- The ability to create, implement and grow together with our team
- Mentorship which we will adjust to your needs
- The opportunity to get a taste of a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- Regular team activities
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks, fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
We are always looking for motivated students to join us. So don’t hesitate to contact us!