Customer Success Manager
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Who we are?
Silverfin is a cloud first solution that enables accountants to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improve communication with their customers.
Recognised as an industry leader, we have picked up many accolades, including in 2021 winning Deloitte Belgium’s Technology Fast 50 award for most sustainable growth - an award given to the company with the best percentage growth over the last four years.
Our headquarters is in Gent Belgium, from where we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
At Silverfin, we're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We're committed to elevating talent by creating an environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We'd love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
How would you support our success?
We have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and evolving Customer Success Team, with aspirations of becoming a truly world class organisation.
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM), your key focus is to drive value, adoption and retention of your customers' investment.
In this role, you will be an integral part of a team responsible for customer onboarding, nurturing their growth, and transforming them into enthusiastic Silverfin advocates with a strong commitment to using our platform.
Building meaningful relationships with our customers, you will serve as their trusted guide throughout their Silverfin journey.
- Engagement Cadence – Maintain a regular engagement cadence with the customer and customer executives that covers all phases of the post‐purchase customer journey from Onboarding to Value Realisation to Renewal. Create a Success Plan that outlines the customer’s business goals and adoption activities needed to meet that goal. Lead regular Business Reviews to track progress against the customer’s goals.
- Building Community – Driving engagement and champions across the broader customer network, and leading initiatives such as Connected days, Webinars, Workshops etc.
- Product Advocacy – Act as the bridge between the customer and Silverfin’s product teams by understanding the customer’s needs, the impact it will have on their business and communicate that internally. Communicate Silverfin’s product investments back to the customer and the value it will add to the customer.
- Documenting Value – Understand the business value that Silverfin provides to your customers by documenting their use cases and the financial impact (revenue generated, cost saved, productivity improved etc.). Track and assess value realised and be able to demonstrate clear progress against agreed objectives. Use Tableau Blueprint as the method to drive adoption and value within the customer organisation.
- Adoption Metrics – Leverage data to track the success of your adoption activities. This will include creating an Adoption Map laying out the groups of users leveraging Silverfin, the key sponsors, champions, use cases and value that Silverfin is providing. Conduct capability assessments using our customer maturity model to understand where the customer is on their journey of adopting Silverfin and identify areas the customer needs to invest in.
- Support Advocacy – Work closely with the customer and internal support teams to manage expectations based on their support agreement with Silverfin. When necessary, act as the point of escalation for customer support issues.
- Risk management – Proactively engage with the customer, ensuring any risks are identified as early as possible, what their commercial or technology impact could be, and clear action plans are devised to overcome.
What would success look like?
- Success of this role is defined by the customer deriving consistent value from Silverfin, resulting in the renewal and growth of their investment over time.
- As a CSM you will build a strong internal network, partnering and collaborating closely with the wider team to ensure the customer receives best in class engagement.
Experience and Qualifications
- First experience as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager or in a consultative role.
- Experience in SaaS or accounting/financial services is a Big Plus, however we will consider candidates from another easily transferable industry.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong organisational skills: Proven ability to prioritise and maintain a system for proactively managing multiple customers, projects and requests, for creating and managing a plan, and for keeping your ad-hoc teams organised too.
- Excellent Communication skills: ability to communicate effectively between technical and non‐technical teams, and translate customer’s pain to internal teams.
- Strong commercial acumen: Ability to access risk indicators, devise proactive action plans to overcome. Confident in managing expectations, investigative questioning and adapting in pressure situations.
Attitude and personality-related traits
- Passionate about helping customers maximise the benefits of Silverfin and understand the importance of success to the account and the individual.
- Strong Team Player, self‐motivated, choose to take ownership and enjoy self‐learning.
- Creative, engaging and enthusiastic.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- Regular team activities during and after work
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Wellbeing Days Off: Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off in the current year
- Generous personal training allowance
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam
- Nice salary, lot’s of flexibility, and great additional benefits
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday