Senior Data Engineer Apply Now
Imagine yourself in a role where you’ll be working with your clients to provide world-class data solutions, as well as steering and coaching the internal team of more junior data engineers.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact at a growing company. The Glue is part of Projective Group, offering international opportunities from data extraction to visualization, robust and compliant.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- You migrate and transform data into actionable information
- You lead your data team and take end-to-end responsibility in building innovative bespoke data solutions
- You are the technical link between the client’s project team and the engineers of The Glue.
- You transform the (non-functional) client wishes into documented designs and solutions. You define the optimal data solution taking into account the existing capabilities our reference architecture and data capabilities
- You actively support data exploration and data preparation phases
- You autonomously design, develop and launch data pipelines respecting data quality controls
- You liaise with infrastructure and DevOps teams to ensure non-functional requirements are met (security, availability, compliance, performance…)
- You coach the data engineering team, perform reviews of their deliverables and help them grow
- You work together with our functional and technical analysts to deliver optimal data solutions
KeKeywords: Data Engineer | Data Solutions | Data Architecture | Senior | Financial Services | Capital Markets | Project Management | Coaching | Team lead
What are we looking for?
- You have experience in analysis and creation of data pipelines, data architecture, ETL/ELT development and with processing structured and unstructured data
- You can write performant code and SQL statements and are proficient in some of the key languages, frameworks and tools
- You can design solutions that are fit for purpose whilst keeping options open for future needs
- You have proven experience in identifying and clarifying customer requirements showing strong verbal and written communication skills and good customer relationship skills
- Strong interest in the financial industry and related data
- You are versatile to work on technical topics at different stages of a data project life-cycle (i.e. sales pre-studies, design and architecture, development, testing, roll-out…)
- You are highly analytical and able to understand the client’s non-functional requirements
- You are passionate about following any new technological trends
- You have good knowledge of cloud-based data architectures
- You have a proactive approach and are able to work autonomously
- You are agile minded, enthusiastic and a dynamic team player with leadership skills
- You are fully capable of working in English
- You have an excellent knowledge of French or Dutch with, at least, a basic understanding of the other national language
Ok, I’m interested; what can I expect?
- You will work in a very dynamic startup environment, with a flat structure and no office politics
- You get the chance to join a growing company, surrounded by supportive and ambitious colleagues
- A fully renovated office in Diegem, designed according to the highest office standards (read: there’s a very nice bar)
- Amazing benefits, incl. a company car and flexible homeworking options